Mid-Senior Software Engineer(Scala/Java)
At Landoop we believe the future of data processing is real-time. The team shares one goal and that is to deliver enterprise-ready, real-time solutions for the next generation of data-driven applications for all. Our mission is to help companies embrace data streaming and we do so by providing a platform that would ease the adoption as well as leveraging existing skill-set.
We work with cutting-edge technology stack such as Apache Kafka, Scala, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, ReactJS. We deploy in bare metal but we also integrate with clouds. We build connectors for our platform for the most well-known data stores like Cassandra, Elastic, Mongo, InfluxDB, Redis etc.
Our team has a heavy big data background from the early days in various industries, they are books authors and open source contributors. We want to work with the highly skilled engineers and will remove any obstacles for you so you can grow with the company.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee, you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning. Our DataOps platform adoption is growing and we need help to speed up the development of new features. The agenda is quite packed and we want the you to join our team and work closely with the UI teams and deliver the next iterations of Lenses.
The ideal Scala/Java Engineer must have:
- At least 5 years experience
- Demonstrable Scala knowledge (used as the main coding language for the last year at least)
- Strong knowlege of Java or Kotlin - multithreading, concurrency
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience in Akka, Multi-threaded, Streaming, Messaging Systems, Rest APIs
- Experience using and understanding distributed systems, RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like “Data Structures, Algorithms, Distributed Systems, and Information Retrieval”
- Experience in writing understandable, testable and maintainable code
- Experience in communicating clearly and accurately strong technical issues to software developers, designers, customers, and other highly technical audiences.
- Excellent spoken/written communication in English
- Experience as an Open Source Contributor and/or Speaker in the Streaming and IoT Industries will be a huge asset
The ideal Senior Scala/Java Engineer at Landoop gains:
- A very competitive Salary
- Startup agility and flexibility
- An opportunity to work with exceptional, professional people in their fields
- Working flexible hours
- A flexible working environment with colleagues of our offices in London, Athens, and Amsterdam or even just from your cozy home