At Landoop we believe the future of data processing is real-time. The team shares one goal and that is to deliver enterprise ready, real-time solution for the next generation of data-driven applications for all. Our mission is to help companies embrace streaming and we do so by providing a platform that would ease the adoption as well as leveraging existing skill-set.
We work with cutting edge technology stack such as Apache Kafka, Scala, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, ReactJS. We deploy in bare metal but we also integrate with clouds. We build connectors for our platform for the most well known data stores like Cassandra, Elastic, Mongo, InfluxDB, Redis etc
Our team has a heavy big data background from the early days in various industries, they are books authors, open source contributors and strongly opinionated people :) We want to work with the best skilled engineers, remove any obstacles for them and that they are willing to grow with the company by also understanding the startup culture.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
About the Position
You'll bring to the role a passion for building secure, robust, and high performance distributed systems. The ideal candidate will be a top-notch Linux expert with a DevOps focus and experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments. In addition to participating in the ongoing evolution of our infrastructure, you will be part of our support, contributing to our internal and open source projects.
A Day in Landoop
- Support production releases of new features and products
- Support the release flow from development through to production, and help manage the environments used in the product release process
- Participate in evolving our build, deployment, and release management practices towards a continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Develop tools and processes for managing JVMs and applications in a distributed deployment model in a VM/container environment
- Design and implement DevOps focused products
- Infrastructure management, systems automation and environments provisioning
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Working closely with the dev team
- Help our customers and open source users get the most out of our products
Skills & Experience
- Ability to automate system configuration and management using scripts (shell, Go) and configuration management tools (preferably Ansible)
- Experience with containers (docker), virtualisation and/or cloud technologies (Kubernetes and/or Cloud providers)
- Experience with build automation (e.g. Jenkins, Go, etc.)
- Linux systems administration and management
- Excellent spoken / written communication in English
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively with remote team
Ideal candidates will also have
- Ability to own a project (design, implement, support, etc)
- Experience with distributed systems Kafka and/or Hadoop
- Ability to diagnose and manage Java applications and JVMs
- Knowledge of monitoring systems and frameworks (prometheus, grafana, etc.)
- Understanding of virtualisation and containers
- Experience with system and network security
- Open source contributor, Speaker in conferences
- We offer an attractive and highly rewarding package including various bonus and stock schemes.
- Flexible working hours, location & holidays.
- Continued learning and a training budget that may include international conferences, books, online courses.