Software Engineer (Scala/Java)
At Landoop we believe the future of data processing is real-time. The team shares one goal and that is to deliver enterprise ready, real-time solutions for the next generation of data-driven applications for all. Our mission is to help companies embrace streaming and we do so by providing a platform that would ease the adoption as well as leveraging existing skill-set.
We work with cutting edge technology stack such as Apache Kafka, Scala, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, ReactJS. We deploy in bare metal but we also integrate with clouds. We build connectors for our platform for the most well known data stores like Cassandra, Elastic, Mongo, InfluxDB, Redis etc
Our team has a heavy big data background from the early days in various industries, they are books authors, open source contributors and strongly opinionated people :) We want to work with the best skilled engineers, remove any obstacles for you and allow you to grow with the company by also understanding the startup culture.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
About the Position
As a developer, you will have an expert's depth and breadth of experience in building high availability, scalable applications and rest APIs. You will be working on the core products development including the open source ones. You will be focusing on our data streaming platform based on Kafka, and the integrations with external systems.
A Day in Landoop
- Develop and support production releases of new features and products
- Contribute to our open source projects
- Help build upon our workflow and approaches to testing and continuous integration.
- Work closely with the frontend engineers to help the delivery of new features
- Work closely with DevOps engineers in evolving our build, deployment, and release management practices towards a continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Take ownership of features all the way to production
- Help our customers and open source users get the most out of our products
Skills & Experience
- Experience in Scala and / or Java (we also use a bit of Kotlin)
- Experience in Akka, Multi-threaded, Streaming, Messaging Systems, Rest APIs
- Provide robust scalable and innovative designs for our backend components and services
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, willing to both lead and follow as the situation demands
- Work on innovative data challenges with a variety of backend technologies
- Acquire a detailed understanding about the collection, use and transformation of real time and historic data
- A firm grasp of multi-threading, object-oriented design and asynchronous programming
- Skilled in testing (unit/integration)
- Excellent spoken / written communication in English
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively with remote team
Ideal candidates will also have
- Experience in Apache Kafka
- Experience in Stream Processing frameworks (Kafka Streams, Spark Streaming etc)
- Familiarity in Distributed systems, NoSql databases, Docker, Kubernetes, clouds (ie. AWS)
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art information security practices
- Exposure of Linux & Networking
- Exposure to data science, ML
- Open source contributor, blogging, conferences
We offer an attractive and highly rewarding package including various bonus and stock schemes.
Flexible working hours, location & holidays.
Continued learning and a training budget that may include international conferences, books, online courses.