Senior Software Engineer (Kotlin/Java)
At Landoop we believe the future of data processing is real-time. The team shares one goal and that is to deliver enterprise-ready, real-time solutions for the next generation of data-driven applications for all. Our mission is to help companies embrace data streaming and we do so by providing a platform that would ease the adoption as well as leveraging existing skill-set.
We work with cutting-edge technology stack such as Apache Kafka, Scala, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, ReactJS. We deploy in bare metal but we also integrate with clouds. We build connectors for our platform for the most well-known data stores like Cassandra, Elastic, Mongo, InfluxDB, Redis etc.
Our team has a heavy big data background from the early days in various industries, they are books authors and open source contributors. We want to work with the highly skilled engineers and will remove any obstacles for you so you can grow with the company.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee, you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning. We are looking to expand our Kubernetes integration team with a passionate software engineer. Lenses platform integration with the most popular container orchestration is a key functionality, thus we want to step up a notch. Can we rely on you?
The ideal Senior Scala/Java Engineer must have:
- At least 10 years experience
- Good Kotlin knowledge (used as the main coding language for at least 1 year. Strong Kotlin experience is a big plus)
- Strong knowledge of Java and Kotlin - multi threding, concurrency
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, clouds (ie. GCE, AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Akka, Multi-threaded, Streaming, Messaging Systems, Rest APIs
- Experience using Messaging Systems (Apache Kafka in particular, Apache Pulsar, JMS)
- Experience building systems to perform real-time data processing using Apache Kafka, or similar technologies (Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Samza, etc)
- Experience using and understanding distributed systems, RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like “Data Structures, Algorithms, Distributed Systems, and Information Retrieval”
- Experience in writing understandable, testable and maintainable code
- Experience in communicating clearly and accurately strong technical issues to software developers, designers, customers, and other highly technical audiences
- Excellent spoken/written communication in English
- Experience as an Open Source Contributor and/or Speaker in the Streaming and IoT Industries will be considered as a huge asset
- Scala knowledge is a plus
The ideal Senior Kotlin/Java Engineer at Landoop gains:
- A very competitive Salary
- Startup agility and flexibility
- An opportunity to work with exceptional, professional people in their fields
- Working flexible hours
- A flexible working environment with colleagues of our offices in London, Athens, and Amsterdam or even just from your cozy home